Sunday, 3 March 2013
At last I finally managed to get the hens out of my herb bed. I made them a bed that looks like a herb bed except there are no herbs! Last year they were drawn to it every time I let them have a roam. They pecked at my parsley, marched right over my marjoram, crushed my coriander and scratched my sage right out of the ground! I realised this year I had to so something to stop them
Despite the picture of Charity leaping out of the non-herb bed, they did all stay there for hours. It was great to see them having a dust bath and enjoying the Spring sunshine without inflicting torment on my poor herbs.
So now at last they can grow again while the girls enjoy an almost free range of my garden!